Modeling aerial propeller in heliciel Modeling boat marine propeller ineliciel Modelisation helice ventilation dans heliciel Modeling propeller ventilation in heliciel tidal turbine modeling in heliciel Kaplan propeller modeling in heliciel
Swept area from the propeller
- P represents the rotational plane of the propeller.
swept area of the propeller blades is located on the plane of rotation.The surface or disc swept by the propeller is:
- swept area= 3.14 * (blade tip radius)²
The real swept area is smaller because the blade root is located at a certain distance from the propeller shaft.
- The real swept area = (3.14 * (blade tip radius)² ) - (3.14 * (blade root radius)² )
Area covered by the blades :
The developed surface area of a blade:The developed surface of a blade is determined by the total of average areas of the elements of the blade. The average surfaces of the blades are calculated using the average chord of the element:
- average chord of the element= (chord at the base profile of element+ chord of the tip profile of element ) /2
- distance elements = (blade tip radius - blade root radius) / elements number
- average area element = (average chord of the element) * (distance elements )
The area covered by the propeller is the sum of the surfaces of the blades:
- area covered by the propeller= sum of the average surfaces * blade number
The area ratio covered by the propeller aAffects the optimum rotation speed: One of the key factors limiting the speed of rotation, being the interaction between the blades, optimize the speed of rotation of our propeller involves finding the optimum number of blade.