Modeling aerial propeller in heliciel Modeling boat marine propeller ineliciel Modelisation helice ventilation dans heliciel Modeling propeller ventilation in heliciel tidal turbine modeling in heliciel Kaplan propeller modeling in heliciel
Results of calculations and wing propeller performanceShowing performance of the propeller or the wing::
After a setting, we rebuilt the blade or wing. Performance are calculated and the results are presented in various forms. When we design a propeller or wing, the main question is usually:
- How much energy do I need to obtain an amount of energy transformed?
- For a wing: How fast should I reach to the desired lift? What is the thrust to provide to maintain this speed?
- For a propulsion propeller: What power on the shaft do I need to get the desired thrust
- For a propeller fan: What power on the shaft do I need to obtain the desired increase in pressure.
- For wind turbine: What wind speed will give me the desired power shaft.
Pressure, torque, thrust, power and performance are given here for the propeller or wing:
But it is possible to analyze the detailed results for each elements:
- Coefficient de traînées et de portances des éléments de pale ou d'aile:
- Drag and lift (in newtons) of the blade elements or wing
- Moment and thrust blade elements or wing:
- Detailed results of distribution induced velocities blade elements:
- Detailed results of the distribution of fluid elements blade angles:
- Detailed results of the distribution of angles profiles blade elements:
- Detailed results of distribution of resistances blade elements:
- Detailed results of pressure distribution per blade element:
Some of these results appear in the 3D model in the selection of chart types:
Here we see the drag and lift of the blade: on each element:
A propeller or wing with a good performance must be strong enough to be realistic! The material of construction can be selected from a list, and the mechanical strength is continually tested and updated with each change of geometry. The strength of each element of the propeller or wing is displayed as a graph showing the maximum allowable bending strength, and bending stress applied.. rupture alerts turn red according to the safety factor applied.
Here we see how the break detection elements is shown in red in the graph, but also on the 3D representation of the propeller (The selected material is polystyrene here, then at 800 revolutions per minute..rupture!) :